Green buildings have been a trend for a while, but what exactly are they and where can these techniques be applied?
There are a number of features that can make a ‘green’ building. These include:
- Efficient use of energy, water, and other resources
- Use of renewable energy, such as solar energy
- Pollution and waste reduction measures, like re-use and recycling
- Good indoor environmental air quality
- Use of materials that are non-toxic, ethical, and sustainable
- A design that enables adaptation to a changing environment
Any building can be a green building, whether it’s a home, an office, a school, a hospital, or a community center. Even a road, a pipeline, or any other type of structure can be built 'green' provided it includes the features listed above.
Inogen Alliance is our international network of over 5,000 consultants around the world in 280 office locations. Our associate partner in Israel, ESD, who specializes in Green Buildings has written more about their experiences on the Inogen Alliance blog.Click to Read Full Article on the Inogen Alliance Blog
Want more news and insights like this?
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter, The New Leaf. Our goal is to keep you updated, educated and even a bit entertained as it relates to all things EHS and sustainability.Get e-Newsletter