Energy transition is one of the most important topics of 2022. Between the climate crisis and continued interruptions in the global energy supply chain, an increasing number of companies and governments are preparing to transition to more sustainable and diversified energy systems.
From policymakers to the financial community, climate scientists to energy innovators, there are a lot of stakeholders in global energy transition. Collaboration is vital on this all-encompassing initiative. Below we’ve pulled together a list of upcoming in-person and virtual conferences that bring together leaders from across all sectors to discuss the future of energy transition.
Date: 14-15 June 2022
Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA
Conference Overview: Part of the Reuters Events series, this conference brings together more than 500 key energy decision-makers to share critical information about the future of the energy market. This conference includes exhibitors representing top players in energy displaying their market-ready energy transition solutions.
- Insight into emerging energy markets.
- Actionable steps organizations can take to invest in, promote, and adopt new energy technologies.
- Finances and business modeling in the framework of transitioning energy markets.
- Meeting the rising global demand for energy.
Date: 29 March 2022
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Event Overview: Part of the greater NTNU Energy Transition Week, this annual conference brings together academics, energy industry professionals, and policymakers to take part in healthy debate and sharing of ideas around energy transition.
- The urgency of the moment
- A shift in international finance support of energy transition
- Rapid deployment: behavior and technology
- Regional innovation strategies
- People, polarisation, and populism
Date: 29-30 March 2022
Location: Berlin, Germany
Event Overview: Hosted by the German Federal Government, the theme for this conference is: From Ambition to Action. Framing energy transition as a global opportunity and responsibility, this conference brings together players from across the globe to discuss partnerships and possibilities.
- Turning words into action
- Climate impact on peace and security
- Drivers for a just social energy transition
- Skill development in energy transition
- Sustainable mobility
- Emerging technologies for renewable energy
Date: 30-31 March 2022
Event Overview: S&P Global Commodity Insights presents this online conference offering information from leaders in energy, climate policy, technology, and finance on the global impact of the rapid move toward net-zero energy.
- Energy in metamorphosis
- Carbon markets
- Low carbon commodities & carbon neutrality
- Decarbonizing shipping
- Hydrogen and renewables
- Green grid & transport
Date: 11-12 April 2022
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Perspectives on the new energy paradigm
- The promise of green hydrogen
- Perspectives from regional experts
- Energy access
- Future-proofing infrastructure
Date: 10 May 2022
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Event Overview: This conference is presented by Hart Energy and focuses on monetizing the energy industry as it relates to energy transition.
- Private and venture capital resources for startups in the low- and carbon-neutral sectors
- The decarbonization of Wall Street as public-equity fund managers strive for green portfolios
- Cutting-edge technologies for the capture and conversion of renewable resources
Date: 31 May - 02 June 2022
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Event Overview: Presented by Euraénergie, this 23rd annual conference brings together world leaders in energy technology, climate change, policy, and business to discuss the state of energy transition. The theme for this year is “Less for more” as a way to energy sobriety through increased investment in renewable energy. Over 3,000 participants attend this conference each year.
- Energy transition solutions
- Energy transition challenges
- Emerging sectors within the energy transition market
- Energy innovations in waste recovery, housing, mobility, and more
Energy and Climate Transformations: 3rd International Conference on Energy Research & Social Science
Date: 20-23 June 2022
Location: Manchester, UK
Event Overview: Presented by Elsevier, this conference explores the social impact of global climate change, mitigation efforts, and energy transition. The format allows for discussion of presentations, as well as cutting-edge research on the movement towards a low-carbon future as it relates to reconfigurations in energy policies, infrastructural landscapes, socio-technical systems, and social practices.
- Diversifying power and societal transformation
- Rethinking the equity and energy justice implications of low-carbon transitions
- Recasting urban infrastructural transformations in the global south
- Civil society action on clean energy: How and why do European cities differ?
To learn more about how your organization can start its own energy transition, contact Antea Group about our energy transition services or connect with our Energy Transition Lead, Bill MacDonald.
Want more news and insights like this?
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter, The New Leaf. Our goal is to keep you updated, educated and even a bit entertained as it relates to all things EHS and sustainability.Get e-Newsletter