Event & Production EHS Support
Do you have any questions?
EHS Support for Events and Production
As in-person events are slowly making a return, event owners are considering the associated environment, health and safety (EHS) risks more than ever before. Pandemics aside, event organizers have an implicit duty of care – to attendees, staff and other vendors. This means taking steps to proactively reduce risks and prevent harm to anyone involved in the event.
We understand the fast pace and multiple dimensions to large-scale event planning. We also understand that EHS considerations can often be overlooked – due to lack of technical expertise and lack of time on the event planning team. This is where we can help.
We have been delivering EHS services to our clients for 35 years and we have resources around the globe that can be mobilized to support your event, including conferences, exhibitions, employee meetings, product launches, photo shoots, commercials, television and movie production.
Trained COVID-19 Compliance Officers
COVID-19 guidelines are constantly changing and vary from city to city. We currently have 20 trained COVID-19 Compliance Officers that can ensure COVID-19 requirements are implemented correctly at a variety of event settings. Working collaboratively with organizers, risk management, and event medical team, our COVID-19 Compliance Officers can provide the extra know-how and helping hands you need to effectively mitigate the spread of COVID-19 at your event.
Event EHS Support
Good planning and organization are essential to putting on an event that is both safe and enjoyable. Every aspect of event planning from venue selection, food and beverage services, use of temporary structures, crowd control, and waste disposal can and should be viewed through a EHS risk management lens. Without proper risk management, event organizers can face hefty fines and even lawsuits as a result of health and safety incidents that occurred at their event.
We can help by:
- Ensuring EHS requirements are considered during the planning phases of an event
- Developing event-specific emergency response plans for active threat, chemical spills, evacuations, fire, medical emergency, and severe weather
- Developing event-specific health and safety policies for electrical safety, working at heights, food safety, chemical safety, hearing safety, slips/trips/falls, and PPE requirements
- Providing trained COVID officers and/or safety staff to implement health and safety protocols during the event
- Providing incident investigation and lessons learned from events for future planning purposes
Production EHS Support
Lights, Camera, Safety! Injuries within the filmmaking industry are shockingly common. It is estimated that between 20 and 40 people are severely injured or even killed each year during the production of a film. Common hazards in film production include tripping hazards, confined spaces, pyrotechnics, vehicle crashes, falling equipment/props, and insufficient or non-existent safety equipment on-set. Not to mention, many remote filming locations have environmental impacts that pose health and safety risks.
We can help by:
- Conducting risk assessments of potential production and photoshoot field sites
- Conducting asbestos, lead, mold, and other hazardous substance assessment and remediation for filming locations
- Developing health and safety policies that accommodate the unique needs of the production
- Training employees and contractors on health and safety protocols
- Providing trained COVID officers to develop and implement health and safety protocols on-set
- Establishing procedures for reporting and investigating incidents
Let’s Not Forget About Sustainability
More and more, sustainability concepts are being integrated into event planning to ensure that any negative social, environmental, and economic impacts are reduced to a minimum. Many times, this can be a significant differentiator for event organizers and if done right, outcomes can include greater convenience for attendees, connections with local community, enhanced brand reputation, and cost savings.
We can help by:
- Developing event sustainability management plans that address waste management, recycling, composting, water usage, and energy usage
- Reviewing and benchmarking the sustainability plans for event sponsors and vendors
- Establishing carbon emissions accounting for event-related travel
Are you planning a large-scale event, photo shoot, or film production?
Contact us today to learn how we can help set the stage for a safe event for attendees, talent, and crew.Contact Us
Have any questions?
Contact us to discuss your environment, health, safety, and sustainability needs today.