Chemical Data Reporting
Do you have any questions?
Chemical Data Reporting
As the Toxic Substances Control Act faces significant reform for the first time in 40 years, industry access to a trusted, reliable consulting partner is critical to navigating the new Chemical Data Reporting rule and its many complexities.
Toxic Substances Control Act
The Toxic Substances Control Act of 1976 (15 U.S.C. §2601 et seq.) authorizes the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to promulgate and enforce rules related to chemical substances in commerce. Section 8 (a) of the law includes the Chemical Data Reporting Rule (CDR) [40 CFR Part 711], which requires the EPA to collect basic exposure-related information on the types, quantities and uses of chemical substances produced domestically and imported into the United States. Chemical manufacturers and importers are required to collect and report CDR data every four years via the EPA’s Central Data Exchange (CDX) system.
This database opened for industry submittals (2016 CDR Form U) on June 1, 2016 and closed September 30, 2016. All submittals had to be made electronically and include chemical information from 2012 through 2015.
Our Chemical Data Reporting Services
Antea®Group’s team of chemical compliance specialists provide comprehensive CDR support services associated with this quadrennial exercise in data collection and agency interaction:
The validation of production and importation data for regulatory thresholds.
- Inventory Search and Review: Determine affected and exempt chemicals and/or mixtures, apply confidentiality designation where allowed
- Data Compilation: Identify required chemical properties and production information
- Data Confirmation: Review chemicals against regulatory requirements
The completion of necessary reports and the facilitation of site and corporate stakeholder buy-in.
- Create a data management structure for tracking and verification
- Utilize the preferred agency electronic reporting tools and collect supporting documentation
- Manage CDR Program Reporting & CDX registrations
- Develop operating procedures and data management processes
The development of back-up rationale and the systems used to maintain the reporting, protect the data, and prepare for submittals in 2020 and beyond.
- Develop and implement management systems, design chemical data management processes, develop standard practices and other supporting tools
Have any questions?
Contact us to discuss your environment, health, safety, and sustainability needs today.