An electronics and cable-and-harness manufacturer needed a best-in-class plan to protect people, environment, and products at their facilities. The company's customers in the aerospace, defense, and commercial aircraft industries demand the highest in quality, reliability, and on-time delivery. To meet these needs, the company is certified in ITAR, Nadcap-electronics, AS9100C, and ISO 9001:2008. But, to provide further confidence to customers, management wanted a detailed, forward-thinking plan to reduce the chance of disastrous effects on the facility, swiftly contain and repair damage, and, if needed, leverage highly-qualified, back-up manufacturing support.
Technology Forecasters Inc., a joint client service of Antea Group, provided the services below:
- Trained a multifunctional disaster recovery team in the industry’s best practices for disaster preparedness
- Audited the company according to preparedness for a dozen potential disasters
- Created a detailed written plan for bolstering supply-chain continuity and responding strategically to a variety of potential disasters
- Designed the first disaster drill for the disaster preparedness team to carry out annually, with quarterly updates
- Coached executives, operations, employees, and marketing to maximize business benefits from the new disaster preparedness and recovery plan.
According to the VP of Operations, the new disaster preparedness and recovery plan addresses how the plant keeps the wheels moving in case something happens. They remarked that it’s not “just a piece of paper,” but rather, a very detailed plan that will continue to protect the workers, products, and surrounding areas.